EVS w Azerbejdżanie to wspólny projekt Fundacji Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego i organizacji „Common Sense” Youth Organization. Projekt będzie miał miejsce Sumgait począwszy od października 2017. Zgłoszenia (CV list motywacyjny w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres email@example.com
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 25 marca 2018
Organizacja przyjmująca: „Common Sense” Youth Organization
Organizacja koordynująca i wysyłająca: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Dostępność: 2 wolne miejsca
Daty aktywności wolontariusza w projekcie: Październik 2018 – Wrzesień 2019
Czas trwania: 12 miesięcy
Gdzie: Sumgait, Azerbejdżan
Tym razem propozycja projektu ekologicznego w odległym Sugmait. Zadaniem wolontariusza będą ekologiczne działania edukacyjne na rzecz organizacji pozarządowej. Do zadań wolontariusza należeć między innymi będą:
– Edukowanie społeczeństwa w temacie dziedzictwa leśnego, oszczędnego i ekologicznego życia, oraz tego jak cenić nasze środowisko i je chronić;
– Organizowanie działań promujących integrację, interakcję i wzajemnego zrozumienia, poprzez zaangażowanie w działania ze społecznością lokalną;
– Organizowanie różnych działań edukacyjnych;
– Przygotowywanie nowych projektów ekologicznych czy kampanii;
– Dyskusje i debaty na uniwersytetach i w szkołach o problemach ekologicznych;
– Ekologiczne wycieczki;
– Prowadzenie klubów ekologicznych.
RECEIVING ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION
„COMMON SENSE” Youth Organization was founded by a group of young people as a non-political, nonprofit, non-governmental organization in the city of Sumgait in 2006. The main aims of our organization are:
– to deliver the importance of non-formal education in life long learning process;
– to make the youth be aware of their civic responsibility and increase active citizenship;
– to promote healthy lifestyle and show the consequences of bad habits;
– to raise environmental awareness and the significance of ecological protection among the youth;
– to advocate for human rights and equality;
– to underpin peace building and conflict prevention;
– to promote the concept of social entrepreneurship;
– to support local schoolchildren and students in their self-development process.
We have implemented a plenty of local projects in direction of our priorities; and in the framework of our projects, we have worked with many international organizations and governmental bodies. “Green Thinking” campaign–we annually carry out this project to increase environmental awareness and responsibility, to promote the concept of waste sorting and recycling among the young by organizing seminars, trainings, debates, bicycle tours and cleaning activities.
We have started “No-Smoking” campaign since 2009 to promote healthy lifestyle and show the consequences of bad habits by conducting photo and video-making competitions, flash mobs and other non-formal education methods. We are a permanent member of Azerbaijan Coalition for Combating Tobacco Use. In the framework of the work of this Coalition, we prepared a draft bill about “2011-2015 National Strategy for Combating Tobacco Use” and “Restrictions on Smoking” and presented to Cabinet of Ministers. In addition, we organize “No-Tobacco Month” campaign during 1-31 May every year.
Furthermore, we train and teach schoolchildren how to debate in different topics and in different forms, and we arrange debate tournaments and camps for them in order to bring up new generations of active citizens in society every year. To inform the young about the philosophy of volunteering and increase their participation in voluntary works, we conducted “Mobile Volunteering School” project which had great follow-ups after project had finished.
Moreover, our organization strongly encourages local youth to take part in the international mobility, especially Erasmus+ youth exchanges and trainings. Focusing mainly on schoolchildren and students, CSYO is very interested in their development and contribution to society as active citizens. Therefore, we have been actively taking part in the Youth in Action program of the European Commission since 2009 and we have partners all over the Europe. In addition, Common Sense Organization possesses EVS accreditation certificate since 2012 and performs both sending and hosting (since 2016) functions.
YIA projects implemented by “Common Sense” Youth Organization in Azerbaijan:
- Find Your Rights with the nature TC (1-8 September 2013, Sheki, Azerbaijan) This training course was aiming at empowering and developing competences of young people using outdoor as a tool in the topics of human rights and youth participation.
- Let’s Define Our Rights through outdoor TC (16-22 September 2013, Sheki Azerbaijan) – 7-day project brought together activists, youth workers/leaders and multipliers with fewer opportunities and youth from culturally diverse backgrounds from the Turkey, Azerbaijan, England, France, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, and equipped them with various tools and methods of outdoor education, and taught how to transfer their knowledge in their countries.
- Youth in Conflict Prevention and Peace building (22-29 January 2014, Sumgait, Azerbaijan) – During 8-day program, participants had a chance to reflect how to make TC one of the main directions of their organizations and to explore the benefits of using training as a tool when promoting human rights, peace building and environmental conflict issues.
Description of the project
This EVS project focuses on the promotion of healthy lifestyle and green thinking among schoolchildren of Sumgait, Azerbaijan via various non-formal activities. Volunteers will contribute to keep active work of eco-clubs created in the schools. The project also addresses issues such as healthy food, increasing green area around schools and healthy lifestyle. The major objective of the project is to increase understanding and knowledge of school children about healthy lifestyle and green environment through different non-formal activities such as cycling campaigns, marathons, excursions to the national parks, group works called “second life to the waste materials”. The project will take plan in Sumgait, Azerbaijan.
Role and Activities of the volunteer
The main role of EVS volunteers is to organize group-works for children-volunteers coming to the eco-clubs and to keep active development of these eco-clubs. They will also give seminars to increase ecological awareness of children.
The task of the volunteer will be:
- To facilitate the self-learning process of children regarding with healthy lifestyle and green thinking.
- To contribute self-development and effective organization of leisure time of school children
- To promote different non-formal education methods in eco-clubs
- A lot of paper is always used in schools and turn to the garbage. The Volunteers together with eco-clubs created in schools will collect paper materials used and wasted during week from schools and will present to the paper manufacturing factory for second production. Instead, they will get second production resources from that factory
- The volunteers will organize workshops called “2nd life to the waste materials” together with school children.Children will prepare various ornaments,decorations and etc.works from waste materials (plastic,paper,iron etc.)in these group activities.They’ll prepare art samples from waste materials
- Discussions and debates at the universities according to the ecological problems.Topics will be related environment,ecology, ecosystem
- Bringing t ten Eco-clubs together and organizing comon ecology activities,like bicycle-tours,marathons,group works,exhibitions, and of course, excursions to the national parks
- Organizing workshops and presentations about EVS and Erasmus+ among students and local youngsters
- Velo-campaign- Velo-campaign will be organized with participation of school children who ride a bicycle in order to popularize bicycle as ecological transport in Sumgait.Volunteers will engaged in organization and preparation of program and route of campaign.
- Preparation and organizational things of children eco–camp.We will find and appropriate place for camp,give call between schoolchildren,involve additional financial support and etc. EVS volunteers will organize with us a summer ecology camp which will bring together 50 schoolchildren from 10 schools of Sumgait in June.During 5-10 days,7-8-9 grade schoolchildren will feel the nature by staying in tents and sleeping bags.Being in direct contact with nature,they’ll learn to protect the environment
- Excursions to National parks–In Azerbaijan has 9 big National Parks where we will organize 4-5 tours.We will involve 20-30 pupils to each group.
Volunteer can also realize his ideas addressing problems of school children. The volunteers will be expected to work hours a day -from Monday to Friday. Volunteers will have weekends free to themselves.
Profile of the volunteer:
We are looking for volunteers for this project, who has strong motivation, dedication working with school children. The person should be interested in environmental matters, healthy lifestyle. The person should be open-minded, communicative. As project is related with healthy lifestyle and green thinking, volunteer should follow healthy lifestyle. Because he will be in communication with school children and he should play good role model for them.
A minimum level of English is required to be able to communicate with organization stuff. Selection of applicants will be done based on their motivation letter and curriculum vitae (CV).
Volunteers are required to be young people (18-30), legal residents in Poland, interested in non-formal education and voluntarism and ready to get involved in youth work activities.